The acting across the board (Theron, Holland, Zendaya, Hathaway, Pattinson) was well done (some better than others). Matt Damon was exceptional. The story deviates from Homer's original at times which I was not a fan of (The Giants for example). The pace is off. Too slow at times and too fast at others. The scene with the Sirens (which you can't really see) I thought was too short. Special effects were bad (Cyclops, Scylla). There was just a lot that wasn't working for me.
I did like the take on Odysseus. He was a man who was tormented by his choices. He was also lost (more than geographically). Even as he sailed into the sunset at the end, he still seemed haunted by his past.
Was I entertained for nearly 3 hours? Yes. Do I think that I will ever watch it again? No. Go see it for yourself. If you know nothing about Homer's poem or have see other movie versions before, so much the better. You will have nothing to compare it to and can accept it for what it is.
