Saturday, August 15, 2026

Caught in the Web

I binge watched Spider Noir Season 1 on Prime last night. I'll admit I feel a little tired this morning. I thought it was decent, but not great.  Nicolas Cage was too old for the part and his acting...well...was just Nicolas Cage.  Li Ju Li (Cat Hardy) steals the show.  Lamorne Morris was fantastic as Robbie Robertson. Karen Rodriguez was amazing. Joe Massingill was spectacular as Electro.

For the most part it played out like a comic book.  Semi interesting story line - WW1 American Soldiers experimented on by the Germans during WW1.  There was a cool take on the origin of Mr. Spider. That's about it.  Everything else was kinda meh. On a scale of one to ten, I'd give it a seven.  No season 2 is scheduled at this time. 

FYI: You can watch the series in color or black and white.  I watched it in color.  I think that was probably a mistake on my part.